In the world of the Internet, Content Management systems (CMS) play a vital role in the creation of websites without even knowing any code. They are several popular services out there in the market. Each has its own and unique features that make them better than the other. Here we have picked the most popularly used CMS services on the Internet among all the services out there. We have come up with the versus battle between the following CMS services WordPress vs Joomla vs Drupal.
What is WordPress?
WordPress is one of the most popular CMS tools for web creation used by the White House, BBC News, The Walt Disney Company, etc. It was released in 2003 by Matt Mullenweg and now it has over 140 million users all around the World. It has various features that help to make your work simple on developing a website like themes, plugins, add-ons, and many more. Most importantly WordPress is completely free, all you need is a web server installed using which you can control and manage your website. There are two types of WordPress services available and they are WordPress.com and WordPress.org. To know more in detail, check out the article on WordPress.com Vs WordPress.org.
What are the Advantages of using WordPress?
- With WordPress, you can start creating a website even without any basic knowledge of coding in any development language.
- Build your website, just by dragging and dropping whatever resource you need on your website.
- WordPress offers over 2500+ free themes and tons of other paid themes. All the themes available are customizable and you can also import themes from several third-party websites into WordPress.
- It has over 3000+ free best plugins and thousands of paid plugins to ease out various tasks and additional functionalities on your website. Like themes, you can also import plugins from several third-party websites.
- With WordPress, you can have the option to host your site directly via WordPress hosting or you can also self-host via any hosting service.
- Among several CMS services, WordPress offers the best SEO optimization, so that you have better engagement on your website.
Related: How to Create WordPress Child Theme – Step by Step Guide
What are the Disadvantages of using WordPress?
- As it supports installing third-party plugins and theme installation directly to your site, it paves the way for the hacker and spammer to take over the site.
- Whenever there is an update available on WordPress, it requires the plugin to be upgraded for those versions or it cause several error or issues on using it.
- Some plugin and theme will stop working because of the version update of WordPress.
What is Joomla?
Joomla (also known as Joomla! or J!) is a popular CMS service used by ITWire, Linux, Roger Federer, UNRIC, etc. It was launched in 2005 and now it has over 30 million users all over the globe. It has features that most CMS services possess like themes, plugins, and add-ons to develop your website. Joomla is a Web content application that includes photo galleries, e-Commerce, user communities, discussion forums, and numerous other web-based applications embedded in it. So let’s see more about its advantages and disadvantages of Joomla in the upcoming sections.
What are the Advantages of using Joomla?
- User-friendly interface to make all your work simple and easy to process directly from the Admin dashboard.
- It supports DBMS tools like MySQL, SQLServer, PostgreSQL, SQLite, etc, and also it supports multilingual for several languages on your site.
- It has a plugin store that has over 8000+ plugins that can be accessed for free and you can add the plugin by drag and drop into your Joomla website.
- When it comes to theme 900+ premium theme which can be added according to the need of your website and all the themes available are customizable.
- Talking about Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is offers some basic features to gain traffic on almost all kinds of websites.
- Like other CMS’, it also has a multi-user environment that is more powerful than expected and can handle all types of complexities with a high level of proficiency.
What are the Disadvantages of using Joomla?
- The performance of Joomla is slightly low and stagnant when compared to WordPress and also it has a very week data logging capacity.
- Almost 75% of the plugins and themes available on Joomla are available only at a cost which makes it costlier to use and maintain.
- It has several customization options on themes and various parts of Joomla. But customization is restricted to a certain level which is a little bit annoying.
What is Drupal?
Drupal is another popularly known CMS platform that offers tons of features and functions for your website. It was developed by Dries Buytaert and was released in 2001. At present Drupal has over 15 million users worldwide. It has been used as CMS by Tesla, NASA, Emmy Awards, Harvard University, The Australian Government, etc. It is a lightweight CMS tool on the market that weighs about just 32 MB in storage and easy to install on any of your devices in no time. So let’s see about the pros and cons of Drupal in the upcoming paragraph.
What are the Advantages of using Drupal?
- It is one of the powerful CMS tools with extensive architecture and high-end security which is better than most of the CMS tools in the market.
- Drupal has over 2000+ themes available for free which are easily editable and also has about 25000+ plugins available for free.
- For Customization, Multi-user management, multi-domain management, etc, Drupal is the best choice you should opt for as it can withhold any amount of load in it.
- When it comes to performance and SEO optimization it offers outstanding results with fast loading time and site traffic.
- Also in security standards, Drupal offers some world-class security and the security team of Drupal has over 40 experts which is more in number than WordPress and Joomla to maintain all the safety measures.
What are the Disadvantages of using Drupal?
- The process of setting up Drupal on your site with web hosting is complicated than expected when compared to WordPress and Joomla.
- It requires some high-level coding knowledge on HTML, PHP, etc. to make the workflow faster on Drupal. If you have no prior coding knowledge then Drupal is not preferable for beginners or newcomers.
- If you are implementing lots of modules, plugins, add-ons, etc on your site, then it will be a time-consuming and prolonged process. But the same process on WordPress can be done in no matter of time.
Also read How to Change MX Records For Your WordPress Site easily
Hope the above comparison helped you find out what’s best for you and what suits you the most in all aspects. In our opinion, WordPress offers the best features, performance, SEO, and many more than Drupal and Joomla. We created this comparison on WordPress vs Joomla vs Drupal because they are the top three most used CMS software by far. Apart from these, there are several other services like Magento, Wix, Woocommerce, Shopify, etc. you can try on if interested. If you have any queries make use of the comments section below. For more other comparisons, visit our blog.